Sunday, May 31, 2009

She Lost One

Madi lost her 1st tooth!!
It has been loose for a while now so the night before when she was eating corn on the cob really seemed to do the trick. She was wiggling it with her tongue and it was practically out, just hanging on by a thread. I asked her if she wanted to pull it out or me.....she went in the bathroom tried a couple times then said she was ready for me to try. I just gave it a little tug and out it came. Madi said she thought it would hurt and bleed a lot but was glad it didn't when it was out.
What does a 5 year old do when she looses her first tooth? She calls Grandma & Grandpa and Nana & Papa to share the news that the Tooth Fairy will be coming to her house tonight. It was so cute when she brought me the phone and said," I really need to call them and tell them what's going to happen tonight!"

While she was settling down and finding just the right spot for her special pillow I was telling her how exciting it is that she will be getting her permanent teeth in and now it's even more important that ever to floss and brush her teeth. She leaned over in my ear and whispered, "I don't want to grow any more teeth." And off she drifted to sleep.

1 comment:

Tara Fischbeck said...

Wow she seems too young to lose a tooth! How fun!