Saturday, May 23, 2009

All Cut Off

Madi has been talking about donating her hair for about a year now....seriously. We saw pictures of kids with their cut off pony tails in "her salon" (as she says) and she asked what they were doing with their hair. I explained to her about donating her hair and showed her some more pictures on the Internet. She was sold instantly....she asked when could she donate hers to a little girl for a wig. Well for her last hair cut 6 months ago I asked her if she was ready and she said , "not just yet mom, maybe next time." Which was fine with me because Madi has really great hair (she didn't get that from me) and I love creating new hairstyles and of course putting lots of bows in her hair.
It was time for another hair cut just before summer so I asked her again if she was ready to donate her hair. Surprisingly she said, "yep, let's go to my salon." Off we went.
I let her get the works since she made such a special decision....she deserved special treatment.
Now for the before (not usually wavy but we'd just taken braids out) and ever shocking after:

She definitely looks like a 5 year old, but isn't it so cute?! When we were done at the salon I couldn't help but constantly touch it and feel how soft it was. After a few strokes Madi turned around, took my hand off her hair and said very bluntly, "Don't ruin the poof." I think I will have my hands full here in a few years!

1 comment:

Candi said...

I love the new cut. She looks so grown up. Chloe donated her hair a couple years ago, and she looked just like that afterwards. She wanted her hair cut the same way last week, but her dad didn't understand and had his own ideas. I tried to talk her into going to a salon, but I guess she prefers the "dad salon." He did a pretty good job, just not quite what she wanted.