Thursday, December 25, 2008

Our Christmas 2008

We had such a wonderful Christmas this past year (yes I know I'm behind...it happens). We were so blessed to be able to spend time with Brady's family on Christmas Eve and have our family traditions for Christmas morning and then go to my parents for brunch and spend some fun time with them as well. As we were packing up to leave Nana and Papa's house Madi was pushing in one of their bar stools from the bottom and it got stuck or something and it came tumbling down on her, the top is metal and it hit her right on the top bridge of her nose and she started to swell and bruise instantly (of course screaming and crying too), then the blood came. I tried not to panic....I was just praying that her cute little button nose wasn't broken. We hurried in the car and I called my dad. Thank goodness for my hero...my dad...he had come to my rescue more than once and I just know this will not be the last :) (thanks dad I love ya to pieces) Thankfully he came and checked her out and said she was a lucky little girl with no broken nose.
Here Madi had just set out Santa's cookies and his milk. She made his cookies with love she told me (I wonder if she was hoping he was listening). If you look close you can see her poor swollen nose and her black eyes with her "bar stool fight".
She went to bed so easy that night and didn't wake up until 9:30 the next morning...the girl likes her sleep. Brady had to go in and whisper that he thought Santa came to get her moving otherwise I think she would've kept on sleeping. Anyhoo, here she is happily opening her presents.
Madi told Santa that she wanted a new bike for Christmas with 4 wheels and so she received, happily. It was a Barbie bike that even came with a bike attached to it just the right size for a barbie to ride along with her too, at the time Madi seemed more excited to put a barbie on the bike than herself. She is still a little skeptical about riding it but keeps trying each day and is getting better.
By far I think one of the her favorite gifts was the trampoline!! (and mine too) I didn't get a picture of her out there on Christmas day becuase it had rained and she didn't want to get on it wet (i know come summer she'll change her mind) so she actually waited a couple days before she jumped on it....now it seems there isn't a day that goes by that she's not out there jumping away and doing new tricks. She is loving it!!
Then after our Christmas morning we were off to my parents house for brunch....which is always yummy...and more presents!! We missed you Brett, Sheri and Kaia!!

My parents got Madi a kid camera and she loved it....she was taking pictures non-stop!! Then she would turn around and show you your picture and asked how you liked it, it was pretty cute! Maybe a little photographer....??
We are so thankful to be surrounded by such wondeful family members who love us so much and we love them!! Thank you mom and dad for such a great Christmas Brinkerhoff Brunch!!

2 comments:

Candi said...

Hey, better late than never! Now you have those memories recorded. What a happy Christmas. Except for Madi's poor nose. Ouch! But it doesn't look like she let it stop her from enjoying the festivities.

The {Prince} Family said...

Awww... poor baby! That STINKS when little ones get hurt. Thank goodness it was nothing serious.

I love your dad. He IS a great guy! Sounds like you had a fun time with family.