Monday, October 20, 2008

FAIR time!!

Yes I LoVe lOve the Arizona State Fair!! And I know some of you are thinking, gross, dirty, disguisting, just plain trashy place to be but you are soooo wrong!! If you think that then let me know and next year I will show you a great time at the fair-I promise you WILL NOT be disappointed.

And to be honest, I haven't asked Brady if he really likes going to the fair I just tell him the day that we are going and he goes....just like the dutiful husband should :) Madi on the other hand is as big of a fan as me. She is absolutely fearless!! Her favorite thing to do at the fair is the rides!
If you look really close you can see Madi's little hand sticking out of the farris wheel waving at me taking the picture! Brady said that when they were at the top she got right up on her knees and started looking down and asking where I was so she could wave, he was scared for her but she didn't even think twice about it. On the cobra ride, Brady told her that all the good riders didn't need to hold on and they put both their hands up on roller coaster so sure enough the entire ride her little hands were in the air. There were a few rides in between all of these but we saved the best for last and I'm so glad we did because it ended up being her very favorite-the LOG ride!! A little background first....last year she wanted to go on this ride so badly but wasn't tall enough by alot and they wouldn't let her go so we've just been praying that she'd be tall enought for the log ride so sure enough she was just the right height 42"!! (can you believe it my baby is that tall-yikes)
So after lots of fun crazy rides we finally got to eat some fun fair food! My favorite (that I only get once a year) is Indian Fry Bread (bean and cheese) and Funnel Cake. Madi likes to eat the fry bread plain and definately eats most of the funnel cake. Brady usually is daring and trys something new like the past couple years he's dared to try the infamous Turkey Leg, didn't like it....then last year he tried the fried snickers bar and didn't like it either...go figure. Whoever thought you could fry chololate and it'd taste good.
Then we went to the animals. We all loved this part. For me it reminds me of Wyoming and how much I miss visiting my family up there (love & miss you guys oodles!!). Madi just loves animals period no matter what kind so it's fun for her to see them up close and personal.
We thought my dad would get a kick out of the picture with Madi and the tractor since he seems to have this funny passion for tractors (he must have been a farmer in his previous life). So that one's for you dad!! Madi just stood there staring at the cows grazing...well grazing in the pen for quite a while and I noticed one was staring back at her while she was sipping on her icee. It's that cute!! I wonder what they are both thinking about???
So that was our terrific day at the fair!! For those of you who haven't made it out yet don't fret....still one more weekend-it's open until Nov 2nd!! Like I said before if you want to have a great time next year let me know because we will definately be there a year from now!!

1 comment:

Candi said...

Yeah for fairs!! I'm so glad you got your Indian Fry Bread. I'll go to a fair with you ANY day. But, yeah, I'll pass on the fried Snickers bar.